Happy 7th Birthday, Corban!

Seven years ago today was probably the most special day of my life. Corban Michael Sommers was born at 10:57 a.m. on June 8, 2003 weighing 5 lbs 6 oz. He wasn't due until June 26th. We didn't know it yet, but he was beginning the trend our kids had of not waiting until their due date. He hung out the longest and ended up being the biggest. But on that Sunday in June as we held this tiny little baby boy, we just couldn't believe what an awesome little blessing we had in our arms. He was perfect! And to say I was happy that we didn't have to wait a moment longer to meet this little man would be an understatement. I am thankful for every tiny moment we have had with this amazing person. From the moment he was born he had that look about him that made me think he was wise beyond his age. He was a very stoic little boy and would just give me this look that seemed he knew more about what was going on around him than he should have.
When we were praying about becoming parents my prayer often went something like, "God, you know how badly we want to be parents. If you bless us with the gift of children, please help me to always remember that they are Your children first and that you are allowing me to be their parent while we are here."
We were elated when we found out we were going to have a baby. We had the girl's name picked out right away but we struggled to come up with a boy's name almost the entire time. About a month before Corban was born I was reading Mark chapter 7 and knew what this baby's name had to be. Verse 11 says, "...Corban (that is, a gift devoted to God)..." We didn't know if we were having a girl or a boy, but from that moment on, in my heart, I knew our baby was a boy and that his name would honor God and also always be a reminder to my answered prayer.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORBAN!!!

Comments