More Valentines Love

Most years of my life I would have told you I'm not really into celebrating Valentine's Day. I'm just not very romantic so I tend not to get all wrapped up in the lovie-dovies of this holiday. However, as with many things, having kids has changed things a bit whether I wanted it to or not! And, truly, I love my children with all my heart, and to see them smile is the best thing in this world. So doing anything that causes them to smile means a lot to me.
A few years back in my Stamp Club group, we decorated little mail boxes for our monthly project. I knew Corban would just love it and we have used it to write and leave little notes in for him. If we go too long between writing notes, Corban is always sure to remind us! Sydney and Jared were too young to care at the time. But, this year I found the same little mail boxes in the $1 bin at Target so I knew exactly what I was going to do for them for Valentine's Day! Of course, I had to come up with something for Corban, too. I found little plastic "paint cans" at a craft store and decorated one for Corban. I told him he can keep his special treasures in there. And of course, we put candy inside for each of them as well, which was quite the highlight for them!

What a fun surprise to wake up to!

Happy kids full of sugar and love!

Comments