I can see clearly now...

Sorry. The song is stuck in my head and I couldn't help it. :)
As you can tell, Corban has a new look goin' on! We got the letter from school that he had failed his vision test. On the one hand, Mike and I expected our kids to eventually need glasses considering we have needed them since we were in first and second grade. Somehow, though, this letter still seemed to surprise both of us. And when we realized how poor Corban's vision is, we were both even more shocked. I have no idea how we missed this! After we picked up Corban's glasses we headed to the grocery store. Corban was constantly moving his glasses up and down comparing how well he could see with and without them. He was getting so excited about reading all the signs above the isles. I had no idea he couldn't even see those! So, as a mom, I am thrilled to see him excited about 'seeing' the world around him, and at the same time so disappointed in myself that I never noticed he couldn't see all these things. On Sunday as we were gathering all the kids after service, Mike was at the other end of the hall and Corban said, "I can see Dad! He's right there! I can see him!" And I knew Corban wasn't just excited to see his dad, he was excited that he could see him at the other end of the hall. Again with the mixed mommy emotions.
However I do think he looks super handsome in them! He really had his eye on a particular pair of Hummer brand frames (I still can't get over how young people get caught up in branding!) which were actually one of the less expensive pairs. Notice I did not say cheaper frames. Ugh. Anyhow, sadly, the frames did not come in the one size smaller that Corban needed. So we found another pair in the same color and shape as the Hummer ones. I wanted to make sure we got glasses that Corban liked so hopefully he'll be more motivated to wear them. We are having a bit of a problem with him wanting to wear them right now. I think he needs to get used to the feel of them on his nose and let the attention he's getting from them die down a bit and he'll be much more comfortable with his new look.

Comments

  1. Corban, what an handsome young man you are!!!
    Love you - Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment