The Kindergarten Smile

It happened again! Corban swallowed another tooth! I don't ever remember doing that, but it's not really surprising that it happens, if you think about it. Last night Mike was working late again. The kids have been asking forever if I can take them to the Hartville Kitchen so I finally decided it would be a good night to go. They did a really good job of sitting and actually eating their food! Corban asked for a cheeseburger and a salad. My boy loves his salads! He had only taken a few bites when he said, "Mom! My tooth popped out and I swallowed it!" I could tell he was a little upset about this development, so I assured him that it would be fine and he did a good job. Honestly, I didn't know the tooth was even very loose so I wasn't expecting him to lose it so soon. You wouldn't expect the 4th tooth to be such a big deal. I sure didn't. But when Corban lost his two bottom teeth the adult ones were mostly in behind them and he didn't look too different. Then he lost one off to the side and, again, there wasn't a noticeable difference. Well, now there is! He's got that kindergarten, gap-toothed smile! And I sure do think it's cute! Actually, I'm having a hard time listening to anything he's saying right now because I'm so busy looking at his teeth! It's funny how the things you never expect to throw you in parenting are usually the things that totally catch you off guard.

Comments