Apple Tasting Party

Last Friday Corban's class had an Apple Tasting Party to celebrate Johnny Appleseed's birthday. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to go but Mike told me on Thursday that he would be able to come home so I could attend the party. I am so happy I was able to go! It was so fun to spend some time with Corban at school and see how he interacts with his friends. He seems to really love being at school and I am so thankful.

There were two whole tables of food. The kids loaded their plates and still didn't get a chance to taste everything. It all looked so delicious!

There were pies, cobblers, trail mix, caramel apples and almost any recipe you could imagine. I had no idea you could do so much with apples!
Corban really enjoyed trying all the different recipes!

I made a very simple Apple Pie. It's the recipe my mom always used so it brings back comforting memories. I really enjoy making my own crust and making the whole pie from scratch, but I really love it with store-bought crusts. I know I'm weird, but that's what I grew up with and to me they are the best! In case you are looking for a very simple Apple Pie recipe, here it is:


Mom's Apple Pie

Pie crusts

6 C sliced apples

3/4 C sugar

1 Tbsp cornstarch

1 Tbsp cinnamon

2 Tbsp butter


Line 9 inch pie pan with pastry and fill with apples. In a bowl combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples. Dot with butter (I actually use more butter than the recipe calls for ;) ). Cover with pastry. Seal edges. Bake @ 400 for 45-60 minutes.


Corban's teacher collected all the recipes that were brought in and put them in a booklet so we can try them all at home. I am excited! Mike already requested a Dutch Apple pie.

Comments