A Party for the Princess

We have decided that until the kids get older we aren't going to do big overwhelming birthday parties for them, we are just going to try to make their birthday special. We have been asking Sydney for a week or so what she wanted to do for her birthday. Her only two answers were that she wanted her Bunny to be a princess and she wanted pink cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Apparently that is all a birthday is about, of course! So we took Sydney and Corban and Jared to Build A Bear with their animals they had previously made. We let the boys get a new t-shirt and hat for their animals and we let Sydney pick out a whole princess outfit for her Bunny.
Here they are in the "before" picture. I do have an "after" picture, but the kids wanted to keep their animals in the lovely cardboard houses you get at the Build A Bear Workshop, so I won't bore you with that picture. :)

Sydney took great care to make sure Bunny was spotless.

A beautiful princess Bunny for our beautiful Princess.

They're not cake but they're close: We then went to Bob Evan's for dinner so Sydney could eat her (pan)cakes. :) What a happy girl. (And what a happy mom that didn't have to cook!)

If you can recall from my previous blog, the cake disaster that was Jared's birthday cake, then you will see that I am just keeping with my pattern. :) I thought Sydney would love those ice-cream cone cupcakes for her birthday. They are very easy to make because you can just use a box cake mix and pour it into the ice cream cones. However I had a lot of cake mix leftover. Note: When the recipe says fill the cups only 2/3 full there is a reason. I overfilled them just a bit and most of the cupcakes ran over. Not too pretty. I'm giving myself a break because this was my first effort at this, but now I am determined to get these right. Also, my ability to frost anything has not improved at all in the months since Jared's birthday. I have determined that I am in great need of a cake decorating class. Anyone want to join me? :) Well, they aren't the prettiest, but they sure did taste good!

And Sydney was happy!

Happy Fourth Birthday, my Baby Girl! We love you!

Comments