First Day of Kindergarten

Corban had his first full day of kindergarten yesterday. I still can't believe it. On Wednesday Corban, Mike and I went for orientation. The kids found their desks and got their supplies organized and then got to play on the playground while the moms and dads got some information from the teacher about rules, procedures, etc. I got a lot more pictures on orientation day because it was so relaxed. As it turns out, Mike and I know quite a few parents of the students in Corban's class; what a blessing. Corban already seemed to hit it off with a few of the boys, so I know he's going to enjoy kindergarten while getting used to a school routine and learning.
Mike helped Corban organize all his new school supplies. Don't new crayons smell so good?
Corban made himself right at home in the classroom. At the back is a little kitchen play area and above is a small loft area where the kids can sit and read. How fun would that be?
Corban's teacher is Mrs. Amann. I have heard nothing but good things about her and Corban already seems to really like her.
Here is Corban yesterday morning before we left for his first real day of kindergarten. He seems so confident when I drop him off. I can tell he is very ready for this new experience. He was very happy when I picked him up and already excited for the next day.

It is very quiet around here without Corban. All day long Jared says, "I miss my Boo!" Boo is my nickname for Corban and Sydney and Jared have picked up on it, too. Just now Jared was saying this and I said, "Before long I'll be dropping all 3 of you off at school together and I'll be the one home alone." and Jared ran over, hugged me and snuggled into my lap and said, "Thank-you Mom!" *sigh* I'm in no hurry for that day to arrive. But these kids just don't know what to do without each other! I am thankful for that.

Comments