Who needs playground equipment?

Last Saturday I went to visit a friend and her new baby and left the kids at home with Mike. You have to know that my husband is great with the kids, but for some reason he just can't sit at home with them. Which, is actually a nice thing for me since he always finds something to do. He will go grocery shopping, take the kids out to eat, anything that keeps them busy, I guess. But he gets a lot done! So, when he knew I'd be gone for a bit he decided it was time to take the kids to the park, and boy were they excited! As soon as they got there, it was a mad dash to the playground equipment.

Corban was his usual self, the very helpful big brother.

But the playground fun didn't last long because who needs playground equipment when there are squirrels to sneak up on and chase? When I first saw this picture I thought Sydney had to go to the bathroom but Mike informed me they were tip-toeing so the squirrel wouldn't hear them.

Squirrel!!!

Mike said the squirrels were very obviously playing with the kids. He said a bunch came down and would run all around and then quickly up a tree, but they never went very far up, almost teasing the kids. You can just about hear the squirrels laughing as they got Corban, Sydney, and Jared to run circles around the tree!

Comments