Legos

Legos seem to be a rite of passage for all young children, especially boys. And why not? How fun is it to build something and see the finished product and know you worked hard to make it look just like you want? And then you get to play with it! Corban has loved his Legos since my brother (also obsessed with Legos =] ) gave him his first 1,000 piece set when he was 2 years old. Not yet a father, my brother had failed to think about age requirements on toys. When Sydney and Jared were really tiny we took a break from Legos, but they are out in full force once again. Corban got quite a few new sets for his birthday last month and they have kept him busy pretty much every day. He has always been good at putting things together. I suppose he gets that from his dad. Or, possibly, his uncle. But lately he has finally has the patience to follow the bigger sets' directions step-for-step. He has been building boats, plains and helicopters, among other things that boys love. Of course, every mom is proud of even the tiniest accomplishments of their children, but there was something about seeing how well he's been following these directions and focusing on the task that really stuck out to me. I am so thankful for Corban and all the growing up he's doing. I find it amazing that no matter how much you feel like you fall short of giving your kids what they need they often excell anyhow. There's something about this picture that just strikes me, makes me see just what a big boy Corban is turning into. I wonder what he'll build next?

Comments

  1. Hi, I'm new to your blog & just wanted to let you know I love it:) Funny, my husband & I were just talking today about this exact thing! We are expecting our 1st baby in Aug and were "reminscing" about favorite childhood past times & legos was among them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Heidi! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I will have to pop over and check our your blog, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment