Busy weekend, Windham's Open House, New reading material

We had a very busy weekend and this feels like the first time I have sat down in about 3 days!

On Friday we had planned to go to Dave and Joni's open house they had while they were home. We also had scheduled DirecTV to come and install their system. They came around 2 and were here until about 8:00. Crazy. But the guy was very nice about it all (he was sent with the wrong parts, some parts wouldn't work together, etc. But he stayed until it was all done). I really can't complain. After dinner we realized that we might not be able to make the open house which we had really been looking forward to. I was excited to take Corban because lately he's been telling everyone that he wants to be a missionary when he grows up so I was hoping he would like talking to Dave and Joni and hear what they have been doing. Mike decided it might be best if I just took Corban and he stayed home with Sydney and Jared while DirecTV Guy finished his work.

So, off Corban and I went! It was so nice to spend some time with just Corban; we don't get to do that a whole lot. When we got there Corban was pretty overwhelmed by all the people he was unfamiliar with. These were pretty much all people I knew from my old church, and so they were all very friendly with Corban which made him want to melt into the floor. I know the feeling! After a bit, Dave came over and we started talking and I shared how Corban has been wanting to know Jesus better and that he wants to be a missionary. It was a great conversation and Corban really warmed up by the end. I told Dave that sometimes I am very humbled to be Corban's mom and that I always pray for wisdom to know how to teach him more about God. I don't want to miss anything! Dave gave us a great bit of advice, something they do with their own kids. They read them biographies of missionaries! I would never have thought of doing that! But, he said, and Joni agreed, that their girls love the stories and are so excited each night to read another chapter. What a great way to introduce some real heroes into your child's life and give them people to look up to, real life examples of the way our Lord has called us to live. So, we will be ordering some of these books. I can't wait, and I think Corban is going to be pretty excited, too!

Comments