Big Boy Birthday Party

We finally let Corban have a birthday party where he could invite his friends over. He has been so excited for this! Corban was very adamant that he have a Cars themed birthday. Lightning McQueen and Cars have been Corban's 'thing' since his 3rd birthday when we took him to the theater to see the Cars movie. I ordered his cake from Giant Eagle (we all remember how Jared's cake that I made turned out -- remember his angry face? lol) and it turned out really well. It even came with a toy car on top. How fun!

I love that I caught Corban with his cheeks full of air, trying to blow out his candles!

We even did a pinata out in the garage. Corban's cousins, Whitney, Riley and Chase were even able to come (I can't tell you how excited Corban was about this!) and they helped out with the pinata and keeping all the kids busy. It was a crazy day, probably 2 of the longest hours I've had in a while, but I think everyone had fun. Since it was mostly boys (Corban invited one neighbor girl who is also a family friend) they ended up spending the second hour outside playing basketball and running all over the place. Thankfully, we had beautiful weather.

Mad scramble for candy! Mike did sweep before we played!
Here is Corban on his birthday eating the dinner he requested of blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs. So fun! For lunch I asked him what he wanted, thinking he would say something like, "McDonald's". Nope. Corban asked for apples and carrots. That's my little health nut. I threw in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for good measure, LOL.

Comments