My Answers

I have been thinking for a couple days that I might try to answer the questions from the previous post. I think that if I were talking to Corban, Sydney or Jared 15 or 20 years from now, I would have some different answers, but I'll try to the best of my ability and without getting exceedingly personal, to answer these questions. Just for the fun of it.

1. What's the one thing you would have done differently as a mom?
- Tried harder to relax and let things go. This is my hardest thing as I'm a pretty uptight person. I would love to be able to just let the house be a mess for longer and just hang out with the kids. That's hard for me because I feel like I'm being unproductive even though in my heart I know it would be more productive to spend more special time with each kid than get caught up on laundry and keep the floors clean.

2. Why did you choose to be with my father?
- I truly feel that God made Mike and I for each other. That doesn't mean that it's all been smooth sailing, but more and more I see how God's plan is more perfect than anything I could have dreamed up on my own. Mike seeks God's heart and I have always loved that about him. And, I just couldn't resist those dimples. ;)

3. In what ways do you think I'm like you? And not like you?
-Corban: You are like me in *so* many ways. I am often surprised when I see you react to things the exact same way I would. I never expected that. You are different from me most obviously in how athletic you are - you did NOT get that from me!
-Sydney: First off, how many other mother/daughters have such a similar, crazy birth story? Your heart is so tender and yet you are the tiniest ball of energy I have ever known. Different? In oh, so many ways! But I love that about you! I love how you don't know a stranger. I love how bold you are and how the world really is your oyster. Look out world, here comes Sydney! And you had better notice her when she walks in a room! I am so thankful that God let me be your mommy.
-Jared: You are like me when you expect things to go a certain way and if they don't it pretty much ruins your day, lol. I'm not sure that's the best trait ever, but for now at least, it's true. Let's work on that one together, ok? You also look the most like me, down to some pretty crazy, small details. You are different from me in all the ways you are like your sister. Life doesn't scare you; you are ready to go and figure out what it's all about. And it also seems like you're going to be our little outdoors guy. Not like me at all. ;)

4. Which one of us kids did you like the best?
-Oh, who could answer that?! Honestly, if there is an answer, it's whoever is right in front of my face at the moment. I like to give each one of you individual attention, so I hope I give each of you moments where you are my whole world. But, honestly, the thing I love the most is that each of you are *so* different. You each have so many special things that makes you an individual and also exactly who we need in our family.

5. Is there anything you have always wanted to tell me but never have?
- That answer is easy because you guys are still so young. I look forward to watching you each grow up and I can't wait until someday when you have kids of your own. Then I can tell you all the little things I loved about you as babies and you will be able to appreciate it so much more as a parent yourself.

6. Do you think it's easier or harder to be a mother now than when you were raising our family?
-That's a tough one right now, but I just see the things of this world pressing in harder and harder and I definitely think it will be harder to be a mother or a father when you guys grow up.

7. Is there anything you regret not having asked your parents?
-Also a tough one. You know, I think I should ask them their advice more often.

8. What's the best thing I can do for you right now?
-Just have fun being a kid!

9. Is there anything that you wish had been different between us -- or that you would still like to change?
-I would like to take each of you out individually more often.

10. When did you realize you were no longer a child?
-My first day home alone with Corban.

Comments