Corban answered the knock

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."
~Revelation 3:20
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know that this love that surpasses all knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
~Ephesians 3:16-19
Tonight I had Stamp Club. When I got home Mike was waiting for me in the driveway. He said, "You need to come upstairs. Someone just asked Jesus into his heart not 10 minutes ago!" Mike tried to tell me about it but he just got all choked up. From what I understand Corban had been disobedient to Mike by getting back out of bed which is a big no-no around here right now. Mike put him back in bed and my little tender heart laid in bed crying because he knew he had done wrong. When the kids get disciplined we usually have them ask forgiveness to the person they wronged, so Mike was explaining this again to Corban and Corban wanted to ask Mike for forgiveness. Mike asked Corban if he knew what forgiveness was and they talked about it a little bit. Mike told Corban that even daddies need forgiveness and that's why we need Jesus. He told Corban how he had Jesus in his heart and that's what he lives for and Corban said he wanted that, too. They talked a bit about it and then Mike and Corban prayed together and Corban asked Jesus in his heart!
(You have to know that I am crying my eyes out as I type!)

Comments

  1. awww i would be too! I'm so proud of him! Sweet little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, that is the most beautiful and moving thing I have heard this week! What an exciting decision for Corban, very mature.Ya'll are good parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Heavens are rejoicing!!! Right there with ya on the crying part! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is awesome! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment