The Library

Today Corban's preschool took a field trip to the library. Preschool field trips usually mean I have to drive Corban to the location and then generally hang around until it's done. It might be easier if the school provided transportation, but I'm not sure I'd even be ready for that, so I actually like the way his school does field trips. The only challenge is keeping Sydney and Jared out of trouble, which usually isn't too hard since they are interested in what's going anyway. Last year when we we to the library I think I put both Sydney and Jared in the double stroller just to contain them. It almost ended up being more trouble than it was worth because Sydney just wanted to be out with Corban and Jared wanted held. This year: No stroller! It seems those days are behind us for the most part. I can't believe it. Anyhow, Jared was the same this year; he just wanted held the whole time - my arms are SORE! But Sydney did really well and was behaved and didn't wander off. It was a good day! The librarian gave us a tour of the library and Corban was a great big brother, holding Sydney's hand most of the way. Aren't they adorable?


The kids even got to see what happens when a book gets returned in the drive-through. In this picture they are seeing how a book gets checked back in after it's returned. They each got to pick a book from the drive-through return bin and scan it back in:

After the tour they made a little craft and had a snack. I still can't believe how so much can get packed into a short amount of time!

Comments