Brotherly Love


Corban has always been a great big brother. He's very tender and caring towards both Sydney and Jared. Lately, however, I have noticed the boys playing together more and more. Sydney is a good bridge between them because she has always played well with both boys, but there was that 3.5 year age gap that I think got in the way of Corban really connecting on a playful level with Jared. I knew it would change someday and that someday has come! The other day I heard them growling at each other from the other room. I went in to watch and that's what they were doing, just growling. They weren't fighting; they were just being boys together. I have also noticed them doing other boy things together, like playing with Legos and paper air planes. What I have really noticed lately is how much Jared looks up to Corban. Today when we dropped Corban off at preschool Corban peeked back in the car and said, "see you later, little ones!" and as we pulled away Jared started crying and saying, "I miss my Boo!" Boo has been my nickname for Corban since he was a baby and now the "little ones" use it, also.
The other day when I was doing my hair in the morning Jared came in and asked me to comb his hair. Then he said he wanted it, "up" so I tried combing the front up but what I figured out he wanted was a faux hawk. When I was done Jared said, "just like Boo!". Jared wanted me to do his hair like we occasionally do Corban's! Isn't two a little young for a boy to have an opinion on his hair? I guess not.

This was Jared this morning when we came home from dropping Corban off at preschool, still missing his "Boo".

Comments